Here's what's been going on since Nationals:
- I won the last race of the season, the Pitch Pine Olympic. Coldest race I've ever done; temps in the upper 40's and no sun. Lots of support from Team Skidmore, thanks guys for braving the cold!!
- Took 2 weeks off from structured training, of course still ran and biked and wanted to eat doughnuts!!
- Full day hike, started at 5am and hike 11 miles in 9 hours.
Redlining (hiking all the trails in the White Mountains) with Lauren and Brooke.
- Was awarded Athlete of the Week from Millennium Running.com read the short article here
- Decided I'm going to apply for my pro/elite license, look for details on this process in a later blog.
- Didn't win a local 5k - took 2nd by 3 seconds - very humbling and now have a training partner
- Spent a whole weekend with my niece Cheyanne! Taught her how to ride a bike w/ no training wheels- highlight of my summer.
- Volunteered for the White Mountain Milers 1/2 marathon with Cheyanne and got 30 verbal thank yous for our sign!
- Finished my professional race resume to send out to bigger companies in hopes for more sponsorship with the help of Gina, Tami, Pat and Julie, and Steve-thanks so much guys!!!
Stay tuned for the next blog, promise it won't be 2 months from now!