Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life..... and some training

I'm way overdue and could write three pages since my last blog, but I've got a swim-bike brick workout tomorrow morning before work at 8am. It will take me about an hour to get in the water, seeing overnight temps will be in the upper 30's. So I'll keep it short.

After the excitement of qualifying for Worlds-it was back to training, my next race is September 22, the Pitch Pine Challenge in Ossipee NH. It will be the last race of the season and my goal is to place in the top three women overall.

About a week and a half after Nationals, I started having stomach issues which prevented me from doing any type of workout. I tried altering what I ate, I monitored how long after I ate that I got sick, which was never consistent -that ruled out food poisoning. I was sick every day. Seven days into it I finally decided to make a Drs appointment.  Of course the next day I started feeling better. My symptoms started fading and I ended up canceling the appointment. That was last week and since then I've been easing back into training. I've felt pretty good lately, but can tell I took a week off.

I've also picked up a part time job to help with the costs of racing in London and with my races next season. It's two nights a week, unfortunately both on my days off, cleaning the Auto Road base lodge. It's really not that bad and I actually enjoy it, just wouldn't want to do it as a full time job.

On top of training and working seven days a week, I'm in the hunt for an apartment. I live in a summer cottage at work which is perfect, I don't have to drive to work all summer. However it is not insulated so in the Fall it gets pretty chilly, I do have heat but the heater is near the front door and my bedroom is at the opposite end of the cottage. So I've got about a month left before I wake up as a popsicle.

The past four winters I've rented an apartment in Randolph at a VERY affordable price. It included everything! Heat, electricity, internet, plowing, washer/dryer and use of the garage and plenty of storage for all my gear. Well that got rented to someone else this winter. So trying to budget for racing, training, playing hockey which I may not be able to do this winter and an apartment which most likely will not include utilities, has been pretty stressful. But I know it will all work out, eventually.

I'm also looking for more sponsors and preparing a race portfolio. This means I have to "brag" about myself, something I've never been comfortable with. If I want sponsorships and my fundraising to be successful I have to put myself out there.

A quote by Neale Donald Walsh, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." will push me to become more confident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment