Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Team Skidmore Apparel and a Race!

Today was the first race of the Great Glen Trails Summer Mountain Bike Series. After a hard run yesterday afternoon my legs were a little tired and sore. I made sure I ate and drank enough throughout the day. Today I would be getting some "Team SKIDMORE" clothing complete with my sponsor logos!! Wow I'm not sure it has hit me yet- I am a sponsored athlete! Qualifying for Nationals is also slowly beginning to hit me. With training, working, getting sponsors, putting together a design for my racing/training gear, my mind has been pretty occupied.

My race went well and I can do better without tired legs. The course is 5.5 miles mixed carriage roads and singletrack (similar to a hiking trail) some good short hills and some super fast descents! All in all it's a very fun course, I can't wait for next week. The series is every Tuesday and lasts 8 weeks. Now I know the course and each week I'll find better lines to shave seconds off my time, also making good transitions is key. Transitions when riding - shifting smoothly and maintaining speed up hill and vise versa-coming downhill into a tight corner, the correct shifting and timing makes all the difference. I'm pretty lucky living here at work I have the opportunity to ride the course anytime I want.

I took a phone call at work from Corrigan Screen Printing & Awards, late afternoon letting me know my running t-shirts and warm up jacket were ready. I was so excited I could barley contain myself! I asked a friend in town if she could pick them up on her way to the mtn bike race. She agreed and I confirmed with Nathan they would be picked up shortly. Unfortunately, Nathan had to step out of the office unexpectedly and missed my friend. I was hoping to wear my new shirt for the bike race.  I met Nathan in town after the race, the shirts and jacket look fantastic! I'll be wearing it at my next mtn bike race, this Thursday for week 2 of the Red Jersey Summer Mtn Bike Series!!

Check them out!!!


Bike jersey, shorts and tri suit should be here by the end of the month if not sooner!

It's already 10pm, I feel like I just left work!
Tomorrow will come way too fast, up at 4:30am for a training swim about 30 minutes away, afternoon run and cookout with fireworks!

Thank you so much to all my sponsors, Mt. Washington Auto Road, Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center, Porky Gulch Bike Shop, Corrigan Screen Printing & Awards, Peak Health-Sports Medicine & Medical Massage Therapy, White Mountain Celebrations, Gorham Hardware, Jay's Quick Lube, Lydia's Golden Touch Hair Salon, Top Notch Inn, Gorham House of Pizza and Saladino's Italian Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment